Thursday, April 21, 2011

MME Blog Challenge

I happily stumbled across the My Mind's Eye blog a few weeks ago and was excited when I saw this challenge they had going. Its a sketch challenge, which I am really beginning to love! This is the sketch they gave to work with...

MME_blog_2011Sketch_L04

I moved the sketch around a bit, swapped out two photos for one, and came up with this LO...

I had a happy accident of printing the photo out on kraft cardstock...totally not planned, but I ended up loving it and it really helped me to put this LO together in my mind.

Another part of the challenge was to use the theme April Showers...I did this with the quote on my tag...it is actually one part of a larger quote, and I just realized I forgot to tell who said it on my LO, oops, anyhow, the full quote is...

"Nothing is more beautiful than the love that has weathered the storms of life. The love of the young for the young, that is the beginning of life. But the love of the old for the old, that is the beginning of things longer." - Jerome K. Jerome. I found this at http://www.quotesdaddy.com/ they had some pretty cool quotes on there! For my LO I just used the first line "Nothing is more beautiful than the love that has weathered the storms of life." I have had some stuff going on lately, and it has just helped me to realize how important those that we love are, and to learn to lean on and trust others. I just felt it went really well with this picture. I hope its close enough to April Showers to qualify LOL!

Boy, I sure did ramble alot tonight, but anyways win or lose I am really happy with this LO and the meaning behind it.

Don't forget I am doing a giveaway if anyone guess correctly what the Ugly Papers were in my previous post...I was gonna end it on Friday, but haven't had ANY guesses yet!!?? Come on guys, lol, who doesn't love some scrappy mail??

I'm off now to go watch Yogi Bear with the kiddos...Talk to ya soon!!! =)


2 comments:

Sabr said...

Cute page! We used the same stamps - love those!!

Jan Hennings said...

Great sketch and beautiful layout! Thanks for your sweet comment on my Bangle Cuff on the Glue Arts blog :)