Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mister Mister

Hi all!! Happy Saturday!! Its been a crazy week around here, our oldest has been hit by that nasty flu bug and has been out of school all week. I think its finally about run its course though, now just hope no one else catches it.

I did manage to get in a little crafty time late last night, after all the kiddos got to bed...and I was so glad I did! I really wanted to play along with the Gossamer Blue & Elle's Studio scraplift challenge.
The minute I saw this layout by Megan, I loved it, so it was the natural choice for my scraplift!

Here is my take on her layout...using a mix of  the March kits from Gossamer Blue.

 
It's definitely different from my normal style, but I really liked playing around with it, and giving something new a try. I kept it very close to her layout, just a few changes here and there..I used pen stitching, since I still haven't figured out my sewing machine! lol. Then I added in some veneer and enamel dots, washi and some other go to's for me.
 
All in all, a very different but cute layout...definitely more "boy" than the last layout I did! lol.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and hope you all take time to create something you love! :)

4 comments:

Heather Doolittle said...

Oh my goodness this is just ADORABLE, Amanda!! I love the color combo and all the cute little embellishments! The pic is too cute too. ;)

Ashley Horton said...

SO cute Amanda!! Love that adorable photo of your little guy and you did an awesome job lifting Megan's layout!! Hope you're girlie is feeling better soon!

Andrea said...

such a cute layout and photo! I love how you did the flags and pennants!

Heather (goldiecar) said...

Adorable layout!! Love the pic!