Tuesday, September 3, 2013

This Moment

Hi all! Happy Tuesday! We had a long weekend this past weekend, and I tell you, it was hard to get up and get the kiddos going this morning! lol. I think the hubby was the hardest one to get up out of bed though! lol. This week is going to be rushed, rushed,  rushed with activities, so we needed that long weekend. Ready to get back on schedule though!

I am hopping on today to share a cute little card I made for the new challenge over at Whimsical Twist. Our theme this time around is all about Chalkboards!! There are so many new products popping up utilizing this trend, and we want to see how YOU use it to create something fun that you love!

Now, you all know that I am not much of a card maker, but I just couldn't get motivated with the current chalkboard supplies I had to make a layout. So I sat down to try and put this together, and I actually really like it. Its pretty basic, and simple, but that 's ok with me!

 
I really wanted to use this My Mind's Eye frame, I loved the sentiment "This is the life" but the open space in the middle was driving me crazy. So I fussy cut a few elements from some of the new Teresa Collins, which is mainly what I used on this layout, actually everything except the frame, lol. I layered them up, and built on that frame, for both design and title. I love the finished title...I read it as  This Moment Together...this is the life. It just makes me happy, and I think I am going to give it to my hubby for a nice little surprise. :)
 
So, make sure head over to the Whimsical Twist blog, check out the rest of the design team inspiration, and play along for your chance at an awesome prize!!
 
While you are there, check out the shop! Lots of new goodies are in stock, and there is a sale going on until Sept 30...25% off your entire purchase!! Also don't forget pre orders are available for many new lines coming out...I know I already have all mine ordered!
 
Hope you all have a great day, and take time to create something you love!! :)

No comments: